You may be ready to work as a substitute teacher in Texas, but have heard that it’s a complicated process, with mounds of paperwork and long interviews.
But we have good news: Swing Education believes it should be easy for high-quality substitute teachers to get the jobs they want, when and where they want them. If you live in Texas and have a bachelor’s degree, you may have what it takes to be a substitute teacher with Swing.
Swing matches great schools with great substitutes. We will:
- Connect you with schools.
- Prepare and support you every step of the way!
(If you aren’t familiar with substitute teaching in Texas and don’t know where to begin, check out our complete guide to becoming a substitute teacher in Texas.)
Here are three easy steps to becoming a Swing substitute teacher in Texas:
1. Sign up with Swing
Start the process by spending two minutes filling out this background questionnaire. Once you complete the form, you’ll be able to log into our platform where we’ll guide you through the next steps.
2. Complete screening
We help you navigate the screening process with two pieces of documentation. We’ll help you complete the requirements here:
- Online education verification
- Fingerprinting with the Texas Department of Public Safety
3. Start subbing
Now comes the fun part. Once you have completed your onboarding process with Swing, you will immediately start receiving notifications for available opportunities:
- You’ll be able to teach when you want to — you can choose to take or leave any assignment that comes your way.
- You’ll have access to opportunities at a wide range of partner districts and schools.
- You’ll be able to teach in a variety of public, charter, and private schools — as well as any grade level.
Ready to go? Sign up today!
Alex Murillo is the Director of Talent at Swing Education. Alex works to give our substitute teachers the tools and support they need to succeed. Before joining Swing, Alex spent more than five years working for a nationwide network of high-performing elementary schools.