Do you have an educator credential or substitute teacher certificate in New Jersey? If so, it has never been easier to get the work you want, in the schools you want, when you want it!
Swing Education matches great schools with great substitutes. We will:
- Reimburse your start-up fees
- Connect you with schools
- Prepare and support you every step of the way!
(If you don’t yet have your New Jersey substitute permit, check out our complete guide to becoming a substitute teacher in New Jersey. And if you’re with a New Jersey school or district, check out these resources to help you comply with the state’s “Pass the Trash” law.)
Here are 3 easy steps to becoming a Swing substitute teacher in New Jersey:
1. Sign Up with Swing
Get started in less than two minutes by registering online. Once you complete the form, our team will guide you through next steps with a confirmation email. We also offer an optional introductory conference call with a member of the Swing Team where you can ask questions and learn more about the ways Swing supports you as a substitute teacher.
2. Complete screening
We help you navigate the screening process — and we reimburse you for expenses! Upload the following documents to our platform:
- Certifications: Your educator credentials or substitute teaching certificate for the state of New Jersey.
- Background Check Transfer: If you have your educator, substitute, or CTE credential in New Jersey, you have a record of fingerprints and criminal history background check.
You can transfer these records to Swing through the New Jersey Criminal History Unit’s website and upload your Payment Confirmation Page at the end of the process.
*Swing will reimburse you for your fees. Fees are $6 for record transfers (credentialed substitutes who are currently subbing in New Jersey) and $28.50 for archived records (credentialed subs who are not currently subbing in New Jersey.)
- TB Test Results: If you haven’t had a TB test in the past 6 months, you’ll need to get tested again. Make an appointment with your doctor or a clinic such as MinuteClinic, which has over 15 New Jersey locations.
*Swing will reimburse you for your expenses once you’ve been onboarded. Tests are typically $65.
- Work History Form: In accordance to New Jersey law, we need to gather some information about your work history. Fill out this easy online form.
3. Start subbing!
Now comes the fun part. Once your sub profile is live, you will immediately start receiving notifications for available opportunities:
- Teach when you want — you can choose to take or leave any assignment that comes your way.
- Access to opportunities at hundreds of partner districts and schools.
- Search for Substitute Teacher Jobs in New Jersey — we work with public, charter, and private schools — as well as any grade level.
Ready to go? Sign up today.