Teach when you want, where you want
Swing Education is an online platform where substitute teachers like you can choose teaching assignments that fit your schedule, grade level and school preference. We’ve partnered with 2,700+ K-12 public, private and charter schools to create online listings of full-day, half-day and long-term assignments that update in real time. Browse substitute teaching assignments and accept the ones you want with the click of a button.
What to expect:
- Access substitute teaching opportunities at your local Swing Education partner schools and districts, including Prospect Park School District, iLearn – Passaic Arts and Sciences Charter School, Hawthorne Public School District, Community Charter School of Paterson, and more. One application gives you access to the entire local network!
- Teach the subjects of your choosing to classrooms of K-12 students.
- Create your own schedule and have the flexibility to work when you want.
- Teaching assignments come straight to your phone via the Swing app or text message.
- Get paid weekly via direct deposit! The average pay in your area ranges from $135 to $160 per day.
*We take your safety seriously. Our COVID-19 policy includes school, sub, and PPE requirements, as well as frequent symptom screening.
Swing Sub requirements:
- You have or will get an NJ Teaching Credential or Substitute Certificate.
- You will need to complete a work history form.
- You will need to complete a background check or background check transfer. Please be aware there may be costs associated with this requirement.
- You will need to complete a Tuberculosis Test or have completed one within the past 6 months. Please be aware there may be costs associated with this requirement.
Swing Education helps schools connect with substitute teachers to alleviate the national teacher shortage problem. Swing Subs have taught in countless classrooms to cover over 300,000 teacher absence days in a mission to make learning free of interruptions. Swing Education is the only free app subs can use to access school opportunities. Find Swing’s partner schools in multiple regions including, California, Arizona, Texas, Washington D.C., New Jersey, New York, and Illinois.
Swing welcomes everyone from brand new to experienced veteran teachers! We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and inclusion. Swing is dedicated to supporting individuals of varying ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, and other backgrounds. We’re ready to support you wherever you are in your teaching career by getting you into the classroom where subs are needed most.