Substitute Teacher, Certificated in Contra Costa
School is back in session – start teaching again with Swing Education! As Contra Costa County moves to safely return to in-person learning, our school partners are looking for consistent certificated support through the rest of the school year. Earn up to $200 a day!
We’re currently hiring educators to work with:
- Antioch USD
- Pittsburg USD
- and more!
This spring, you can expect to work with the same district for the length of the assignment, with additional flexibility to create your own schedule and work with new schools in the fall. One application gives you access to the whole network!
What to expect:
- Get paid weekly via direct deposit! Each request will have an hourly rate and your total pay will depend on how many hours you work.
- Teach the subjects of your choosing to classrooms of K-12 students.
- Teaching assignments come straight to your phone via the Swing app or text message.
- Paid rest and meal breaks, as well as overtime pay.
- Paid classroom prep time for substitute teachers working long term assignments.
- Eligible for accrued sick time, workers’ compensation, family leave, and unemployment insurance.
- Health benefits and 401K for teachers consistently working 30 hours a week over a 12 month period.
We take your safety seriously. Our COVID-19 policy includes school, sub, and PPE requirements, as well as frequent symptom screening.
Swing Sub requirements:
- You have a CA teaching credential or substitute teaching permit.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree from a 4-yr college or university in the U.S..
- You will need to complete a new CA and FBI Livescan background check. Please be aware there are costs associated with this requirement.
- You have recently completed a Tuberculosis Test or will complete a TB Risk Assessment. Please be aware there may be costs associated with this requirement.
Teach when you want, where you want:
Swing Education is an online platform where substitute teachers can choose teaching assignments that fit their schedule, grade level, and school preference. We’ve partnered with 2,700+ K-12 public, private, and charter schools to create online listings of full-day, half-day, and long-term assignments that update in real time. Browse substitute teaching assignments and accept the ones you want with the click of a button.
We welcome everyone from brand new to experienced veteran teachers! Employment at the Company is employment at-will, unless otherwise specified in a written employment agreement. Swing Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding these), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, religious creed, disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (such as cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, military or veteran status, denial of family, and medical care leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Swing is dedicated to supporting individuals of varying ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, and other backgrounds. Here at Swing, we’ve made a commitment to diversity and inclusion. We’re ready to support you wherever you are in your teaching career by getting you into the classroom where subs are needed most.