Last Updated: August 12, 2015
Attn: Mike Teng
- A Note about Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Company and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, professional title, and company name when you create an account to log in to our Services (“Account”).
- If you use our Services on your mobile device, we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
- We will collect from Subs the Personal Data necessary to complete applications to become a SwingSub, such as education and job history, evidence of a negative TB test, and evidence of an existing teaching credential or substitute teaching permit.
- If a Sub submits to a background check through the Services, we will collect from the Sub the Personal Data necessary to complete the background check, such as the Sub’s name, date of birth, and social security number.
- Certain Services may require our collection of your phone number. We may associate that phone number to your mobile device identification information.
- When you make or receive payments through Services, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, payment information, and billing information.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as information that you store using your Account.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you post content (text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users will be able to see it, along with your profile photo and any other information that you choose to make public on your public profile page (“Profile”). The information that you provide in your Profile will be visible to others.
- When you post feedback regarding Subs to the Site, the information contained in your feedback will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
(b) Information Collected via Technology.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
(c) Information Collected from You About Others. If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and e-mail addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from our database.
(e) Information Collected from Third Party Companies. We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from other sources, such as verification information and results from background checks from LiveScan or other third parties. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Services we provide.
- Use of Your Personal Data
(a) General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better.We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail or text to verify ownership of the e-mail address or phone number provided when your Account was created;
- send you notifications via e-mail or text about request details and new requests from Schools;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security, or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- make telephone calls to you, from time to time to solicit your feedback; and
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
(b) User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services.We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city or business. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial. We may post user feedback on the Site from time to time.We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with our Site, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
(c) Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
(a) Information You Share. Our Site and Services allow you to connect and share content and information. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public on the Site. If you share information about others, we suggest you get consent for any information you may share about them.
(b) Information Shared with Schools. When a Sub uses the Services, certain of the Sub’s Personal Data, such as a Sub’s name, email address and contact number, along with other Profile information, will be shared with the Schools that the Sub has designated as being a “Home District” school or, if the Sub elects to become a SwingSub, all Schools that are registered to use the Services.
(c) Information We Share. We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, or with your consent;
- to other users of the Site for the purposes of displaying information in your Profile and your feedback regarding Schools and Subs;
- to third parties designated by you;
- with our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- with contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business;
- with respect to Subs’ applications and the results of Subs’ background checks, to the School(s) for which such application or background check was requested;
- to a buyer or other successor of Swing Education in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about users is among the assets transferred; and
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request; to enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and/or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Swing Education, our customers or others.
- Public Profile. Certain portions of the information you provide to us may also be displayed in your Profile. As an essential element of the Services, some of the Personal Data you explicitly provide to us when you register or update your Profile is displayed on your Profile. By default, your Profile is public to other users of the Site. Content you post to the Site is also meant for public consumption with respect to other users of the Site. We may display this content on the Site and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Site, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others.
- Your Choices Regarding Information. You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Services:
(b) Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Services for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Services or all functionality of the Services. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided above.
(c) Text Messages. You may opt-out of receiving text messages from us at any time by texting the word STOP to 650.235.4944 from your mobile device. If you do that, you may receive one additional message confirming that you will no longer receive messages from us.
(d) Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your profile within your Account (or by editing your Google account with respect to certain Account information obtained from your Google account) or by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable consumers to opt out of tracking on our Site.